The year will be coming to a close rather quickly and that calls for a list of the best books that have been released in this past year.It was no easy task narrowing down the best books of the year as this has been a really great year in Christian publishing. Other lists that have come out listing the best books of the year are as follows: Desiring God’s Top 16 Books of 2016, Challies’s Top Books of 2016.
The following are my top 7 books and resources of 2015. Mostly books but two documentaries were released that I have greatly enjoyed.
- The New Pastor’s Handbook: I’ve benefited more from this book than any other book I have come across this year. My review is here.
- Logic On Fire: A video documentary on D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. His life and work should encourage all those who are called to preach the gospel.
- The Life of David Brainerd: A reminder of how much impact can have, even a short one, if it is lived in entire dedication to Christ.
- The Pastor as Public Theologian: A clear reminder of what is truly essential to the work of the pastor. My review can be found here.
- The Pastor’s Ministry: This was a good and balanced book on pastoral ministry that calls attention to areas that are often neglected such as ministering to widows. My review can be found here.
- Praying the Bible: Donald Whitney was one of my first professors in seminary, and his writings had had a profound impact on my life and in his latest book he continues to minister to me. My review can be found here.
- The Baptist Story: I’m a Baptist and a history nerd. This book appealed to both of those aspects, and additional plus is I don’t need a forklift to move this book around. My review can be found here.