Last year I posted a list of recommended books for Pastor Appreciation Month. Every pastor worth anything reads books, has books, and will be blessed by books. When you buy your pastor a good book for pastor appreciation month you bless him and yourself by deepening and broadening his ministry. Below are my ten recommendations.
- The Christian Ministry by Charles Bridges.
2. The Imperfect Pastor by Zach Eswine.
3. The Pastor’s Book by R. Kent Hughes and Douglas Sean O,Donnell.
4. The Passionate Preaching of Martyn-Lloyd-Jones by Steven J. Lawson
5. Family Worship by Donald Whitney.
6. John Knox by Jane Dawson.
7. The Pastor as Public Theologian by Kevin Vanhoozer and Owen Strachan
8. Living by Revealed Truth by Tom Nettles.
9. On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr.
10. Holiness by J.C. Ryle
Bonus: Pastor’s should have recreational reading. One author I would recommend is Cormac McCarthy. No County for Old Men is an engaging novel.
Extra bonus: Ok let’s say your pastor has all these books or you’re not sure what books he has and don’t want to risk buying a book he already owns. Get him this documentary on David Brainerd.